3 May 2018

Knitted worry glove puppet


Just for a change I decided to knit a worry glove puppet. 

This is an idea I got from a friend who's daughter works with children. I've done some local research and have found an outlet for them which I hope to get the Tuesday craft group interested in. 

We've been making fiddle muffs for dementia residents in local homes and it would be lovely to go to the other extreme and start to help out local young kiddies too. This puppet has a smiley face on one side and a sad one on the other. Hopefully this will help children talk about the situations they may find themselves in.

Next project now is to make a crochet one as I prefer crochet to knitting!!!! I've now got this one as a 'template' so making another with a hook should be pretty straightforward - I HOPE!!!!

6 comments:

Sewicked said...

What a good idea. Have you heard about the crochet octopuses for preemie babies?

God's Kid said...

Great idea and cute puppet!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

What a worthwhile project.

Lavinia said...

That is a very sweet gesture, I'm sure your puppets will help!

Jane Eborall said...

Yes, Sewicked, I've heard of the octopuses but I was trying to find a more 'forgotten' area that needs help. In fact today I've found another children's group which would love them so it's 'onwards and upwards' with the project!!!

Tim Kaylor said...

Those are so cute. I hope they like them.
You like to crochet more, but I actually like knitting better.
Of course, I would rather tat than either of the others.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.