21 September 2017

Cheryl's bookmarks.

Cheryl got in touch some time ago about the flowery SCMR bookmark I did ages ago. This is the one I'm talking about. Oh, my goodness - when I was looking to put in the link to it I noticed that I did that one 11 years ago!! Doesn't time fly when you're an OG (old git)?

She said she needed a little help with this but actually it turned out to be VERY little. I had a lovely message from her when she sent the picture below and this is what she said.

"Good morning Jane.
I have finished all 6 of the bookmarks. Thank you for your help and for putting this lovely pattern out there for us tatter's!! I received great joy making them and my Aunties will love them!! 
A grateful fellow tatter!!
Hello Jane, here is the blog I copied colors and tail of bookmark from. Tattingand beading.blogspot.com. she mentions the Oklahoma shuttle bugs tatting group!! Your patterns are all over our country and yours how awesome is that!! Your famous!!!"

It's always surprising and a real boost to an OG's moral when people send in pictures of their work. Keeps the aged brain going on new ideas too!!!!


5 comments:

Maureen said...

This has always been one of my very favourite patterns - because it's just so pretty!

craftie sylvie said...

The bookmarks look mighty good! Well done Cheryl :)
And thank you Jane indeed for making this lovely pattern available to us :)

Jane McLellan said...

A real flower garden of bookmarks! Lovely. I've used that pattern too and it's definitely a good 'un.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That is a lovely garden of bookmarks!

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

I just had a wonderful visit wit Cheryl. Cheryl and I use to work the same floor as nurses. I had a get together with my fellow nurses years ago and had a class at my house. I taught Cheryl how to tat. She told me about the blog post so I came to check it out. She did such a beautiful job on the bookmarks. She showed me a stocking she just tatted. Love her choice of Victorian colors. Cheryl is a fun, kind hearted person. Thank you for helping her Jane

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.